29 posts / 0 new
Last post

Posted: Fri, 2008-02-01 21:49

..I just wish D-A-D had a little more interaction with this website.

We had (and loved) a quick bit of chat a few months ago from Torleif, but nothing for AGES.

So hey guys, come on. Other bands give their hopelessly devoted fans a wee bit more.

You're in a studio all day. You're not down a coal mine. You have internet access.

Give us something to chew on!

CGx

Posted: Fri, 2008-02-01 22:20

I guess, it's Brasil, Curly, not studio Smiley-wink With on-beach-wi-fi Smiley-laugh

Posted: Fri, 2008-02-01 22:29

Hey Ginger sweetie, I TOTALLY forgot that they were in Brazil!!

I don't know if moaning in a vacuum counts!!??

CGxx

Posted: Fri, 2008-02-01 22:41

yeah, I guess it does. 'Cause, you see, there's a silverish glass ball shines up in the sky called Moon, and it absorbs all those moans. And when its time comes and it gets full, then all your dreams come true.

Posted: Sat, 2008-02-02 01:53

If you look back in the history of this forum, you will find tons and tons and TONS of topics with fans that feel like you Smiley I have made one myself I think.. maybe.. I don't remember, but it could be!

For some reason, our little Danish rockband, haven't got the time to write inhere. But I believe that Stig Pedersen and Thorleif is stopping by the forums to have a look at what people talk about. We have seen Thorleif's post sometimes, and Stig said it in the chat once, that he like to have a look in here now and then.

Posted: Sat, 2008-02-02 12:26

I think visiting the forum in hope to catch a quick chat with any of the band members is pretty alike to going to a church. In fact you never meet God in person there and same's here. Well, maybe except for those moments of official chatting with the band. And they're similar to Easter holly fires in Jerusalem. [That’s why I don’t believe that any of them stop here except for Torleif, whatever they say].

Curly, I don't really know whom, what bands you mean saying that they give a wee bit more to their fans, but I used to face a completely different situation when fans get no response at all.

And, in fact, the band members are people, human being after all, and they must be pretty different from those images we painted in our minds and they created themselves. That's why I somehow prefer not to focus on the people, who habitually scratch noses or bite nails, or do whatever else. I just love the music.

The fact is that we don't know them as what they really are, and they in some way are the symbols of the music they create. (Oh, my God, what I'm saying ;-)). They are those visible, live symbols, which are a part of the show.

And I simply don't know what I would ask if I had a chance to talk to them, really. It's like you come to a music store, look at those shelves and suddenly have no idea of what you want to buy, though initially you've had a very strong understanding of it. How do you create those songs? What made you write this or that lyrics? Oh my, I, myself, never remember what that initial push was that made me do this or that, and how I may expect that somebody else does? I read those chat transcripts, and found very little of something really valuable in there. 'Cause it basically was just a general information which you would learn anyway from the news section. No secrets revealed. And yet, of course, that everlasting non-dying question to Stig - are you single? Oh my God, what if he is? Would any of us pack up and make our best proposal to live happily ever after? I guess not. So why care?

So, I don't really know whether it's worth moaning or not. That distance is a part of the game, it keeps you hooked and intrigued. Though if you get reply it definitely would give you that warm feeling of being a part... And still I believe that what we need is news. And now there’s none.

Damn, it's again a whole novel Smiley

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Sat, 2008-02-02 22:54

I really don't think that there's a reason to moan.. Really... D-A-D adores their fans, no question about that Smiley-laugh
And they do read what's going on in the discussion section, I'm pretty sure about that. They all have access (somehow) to the internet, so I would think that it would be very weired if they didn't read what we're talking about in the discussion sectionen. Like for instance the interview from "Rock under solen at Charlottenlund Fort", where they were talking the new song "Money always takes the place of life", and Laust says "That we (the fans) do like the song now, but that we were a little bit...."hmm that's a borring song in the beginning", when we first head the song..

And there was a thread right here on the discussion board about the song, where we told about our first opion about it, so I do believe that they have read that topic..
And I still do believe that they read the topics in here, now and then, but it could be nice if they would comment the topics once in a while, unless they have no comment about it of cause..

I tried to arrange a Christmas chat with the guys from D-A-D, last Christmas 2007, but somehow it never came to anything. I guess they guys were too busy, or just not in the mood for it.. I don't know Smiley-sad

Though there was no Christmas Chat last year, then they indeed should have some positive credit for taking their time out of their, sometimes busy life to chat with their fans Smiley-laugh As a Fan of D-A-D, then it means a lot to me, cause I really don't think that there's a lot of bands/solo artists outthere who does that to their fans..

And not to forget that D-A-D also do signs autographs for their fans, when they release a new album.. They truly are loyal to their fans, they really are Smiley-laugh

Curlygirl and fans outside DK.. somehow I really understand you, cause your only connection to D-A-D's universe goes right through the internet, as you don't have the same chance to see D-A-D live as we people here in DK have. That can be furrious, I can see that..
If I were a millionare then I would personally buy you all a plane ticket + hotel suite, so you would have the chance to see D-A-D live... But sadly, I don't Smiley-sad

I've said it before, but I feel really sorry for you guys, cause some of you may never get to experiene D-A-D live, but at the same time then I admire you for sticking like glue to your favourite band, though you may never get to see them live! That's truly RESPECT from my side Smiley-laugh really, really...

Now back to the subtject... Guys, though nothing is really happining on this website at the moment, then think about what's comming in the future Smiley-laugh We can look forward to a BRAND NEW D-A-D ALBUM, concerts, and the "True believer" movie.. Always look on the bright side of life Smiley-wink it's going to be awesome Smiley-wink

Though it could be nice with a little update, now and then, how life is going with our favourite band, in the rehearschal room/studio and so on... you know Smiley-laugh
I don't think that it is too much to ask for, is it?? Not in my opion..

Regarding the website, well then who know's if it will get a new design when the new album arrives? I do believe that D-A-D are full of surprices, we just have to wait paciently and see Smiley-laugh

(Ooooopss! Yet another nowel to read :-D)

Posted: Sat, 2008-02-02 23:44

Allright, Tina, change my mind, I'm begging you. Maybe I'm a bit of a cynic, but I worked for few very popular bands and more or less know how it's really happening - this fans handling. They usually have a whole marketing team or even several, and those people post comments in their blogs on behalf of the band members and think out new merch and send greetings on every occasion or mail out news or update a website. If those bands could afford cheap clones for everyday usage, they would send them to give away autographs or even perform onstage. And I perfectly understand why. 'Cause their glory and success recoiled and they're really scared, terrified by their fans.

But I also assume that DAD case might be different. This is what I want to believe in very-very much, but my sceptical alter-ego doesn't allow me to dream a lot. I was really excited to get to know the band that seemed to be a great performer, seemed to keep passion for its fans and remain people - who respect other people and get respected back. Maybe Denmark is a God blessed land where everyone can remain himself / herself no matter what he / she does and is. Is it?

Posted: Sun, 2008-02-03 00:03

I think they do read what's going on in the forum every now and then..But why should they write in here themselves??..It's a forum for the fans..

Okey it would b nice with some news about how everythings going, but I think the band treats the fans very good, They care about thier fans!

Posted: Sun, 2008-02-03 00:48

ginger-ale: i absolutely agree with your first post!

About that 'denmark is a god blessed land' thing: I dont think that we are much different from the rest of the world, but the fact that we are such a small country, with so little people living in it, then I guess that the mentality often is a bit more relaxed around here! Difficult to explain actually..

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Sun, 2008-02-03 02:02

Ginger..

Now it's no secret that I've met D-A-D many, many times (14) and I've got an impression about how they are in real life, when they're not being "stig,Jesper, Laust, Cobber in D-A-D", but "Stig, Jesper, Laust, Cobber in real life".

They are all four very kind to their fans in their very own way. They love their fans, you can see that, cause if they didn't, then they wouldn't say yes to be a part of the Christmas Chat or signing autographs during a new release of an album.

If they're too busy or not in the mood for talking, then they'll show it. Eighter they'll tell you it in a polite way, or just move away from you in a hurry..
Even if you enter the backstage area where you really not are allowed to be and silent walk over to them to ask a question or anything else, then they don't call a security guard to make them through you out. Instead they give you what you want and you can walk away with the happiest smile on your face Smiley-laugh

At slagelse Open air I met Stigge. It was raining like bloody hell and me & my friend Mia were standing in raincoats, freezing 'n' wet on a very, very dark road, hiding from the security guards. Very close where we were standing I spotted Stigge's babyblue sportscar, so I wouldn't leave until I spoke with stigge. When stigge finally came, I shouted "Stig, Stig, Stig" while walking straight over to his car. And with this ugly raincoat I had on he easily could be scared about this walking monster comming out of the darkness, cause there were only him and a girl we had with him. But he did regonize me and took 2-3 min out of his life, standing in the pouring rain, talking to me :-D.. In real life he just could be an asshole, ice cold as the North pole and just walk away.. But he didn't, instead he made a fan very happy by taking the time to talk with me..:-D
Also Jesper, Laust & Cobber are nice to take their time to talk with their fans, really, really, they are! Smiley-laugh and I can prove it to you Smiley-wink
They really would like to talk with their fans, really, really, they would! They sure do care a lot about their fans and I am 100 % sure about, that if they say that they sometimes read about the topics in the discussion sections, then they're telling the truth.. Maybe the reason why they don't comment anything could have something to do with, that if Jesper first answers one question, then it will easily be to 20 questions.. Maybe that's what holding them back, I don't know!

I'm off for bed now Smiley-yawn-more Can't keep my eyes open...

Posted: Sun, 2008-02-03 10:43

Tina, thank you. I know you're a BIG FAN of DAD, 'cause I'm definitely not capable of such exploits as waiting in freezing rain for someone who might appear or might not.

I don't want to comment your examples much. From my point of you, they don't show the musicians as people, they show them as rock stars treating their fans well. But of course they do it in a way which is closer to their nature. They are not psychos, right? They don't suffer from split personality disorder, and it is naturally to assume that they would behave as Je, Ja, S, L etc.

It's a tricky subject. You can never draw a clear line between being a person and being a star. It's very hard to explain. I feel the difference... Well, maybe, when you are a star facing your fans in unofficial circumstances, you still wear a kind of disguise and remain distant, withdrawn and attractive, even if your actions towards them are not attractive at all.

Anyway, I tell you what I like about DAD, if we skip their music and lyrics which are in a first place. Though once I’d been to their concert, I was too ill to remember much, so we skip this, too. But what I really like are those hand-made Christmas cards and other things they made themselves. I like obvious creativity in everything they ever touched. They do seem very passionate about what they do, even 25 years later – and many other bands don’t [though I think they’re getting tired, too].

PS. It could be a good song about a girl waiting in the rain. How d'you think, maybe Little Addict was based on that event? Smiley-wink

2Lådde
You know, I've heard of Denmark as of most liberal country in the whole world. This is what I was told. I've heard that Danes're even alowed to run those nazies marches that forbidden in any other places. Maybe I'm wrong but this was a hearsay. But I also know that people are still people, and pretty alike if put in similar conditions. Sooo... well, I think I just need to come over and see it myself, that's it. And it's very interesting to learn how other people live.

Posted: Sun, 2008-02-03 14:30

Well in every land, there are some small groups of people who do something different from the rest of us.. But lets not make this forum a place for political statements.

Ya you should come to Denmark for a vaccation! :P just try to pick out the days that it is NOT raining.. Smiley-midget

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Sun, 2008-02-03 15:01

haha Ginger.. I don't think that "Little Addict" is about me, cause I met Stigge last summer at Slagelse Open air, and as we all know then "Little addict" was on the "S.Y" album from 2005, so that can't be it, unless they have predicted that I would meet Stigge in the pouring rain two years later Smiley-laugh

Jep, I'm a huge D-A-D fan, there's no doubt about that! I live and breathe for my favourite band and when my ex- boss starts telling everyone that I'm "dating" D-A-D, well then there must be something about it Smiley-wink
I am one of those crazy fans, who doesn't mind waiting patiently in the pouring rain, even though I might end up getting ill or anything. Cause If I succeed in the end, then I've forgotten all about the rain and is just one happy girl Smiley-laugh But hey.. that's just me Smiley-tongue

Now I've also seen D-A-D gode sides and their bad sides. Sometimes they are not in the mood for talking to their fans and I do understand that. You know I work in a department store, where I always have to treat our costumers right, keep a smiling face, but when my boss is being stressfull, then it also stresses me. Then it get's quite hard to be polite to the costumers.. This is where you have to become an actor haha.. I guess that D-A-D also have days like these..

Actually D-A-D treat their fans kind, even if they have their whole family around them at the same time.. There you have the family man and rock star man in one piece Smiley-wink
The only place in DK where you shouldn't meet D-A-D is right after the concert when they play in Copenhagen.. That is where you can find them less polite, but I guess it really has something to do with that they just want to go home after the concert!!
Unless you meet them a long time before they go on stage, well there they can be polite and take a few minutes out of their lives just to talk with you.

This is my experience through the meetings that I've with D-A-D that tells/shows me this Smiley-laugh
So always meet D-A-D outside Copenhagen.....

Posted: Sun, 2008-02-03 20:07

2Lådde
What's your best season then?

2Tina
I made all necessary notes in case I want to see the guys in person Smiley-wink

Posted: Sun, 2008-02-03 20:29

ginger: well the month of july is always sunny! :P

Posted: Sun, 2008-02-03 22:22

Without breaking any illusions;)

Obviously they talk to their fans and give them "something" (a couple of minutes and a smile;) It´s logic...

I´m just an "old" fan/lady and have no need for anything else but their music;)

Anonymous's picture
majken c (not verified)

Posted: Sun, 2008-02-03 22:49

...and concerts. Music and concerts!

Posted: Mon, 2008-02-04 22:21

Tina/Ginger; much love to you both & your gorgeous, emotive words, - but here's a challenge...

Say ALL you just said...

In a HAIKU.

Ready??

GO.

Posted: Mon, 2008-02-04 23:11

All kinds of disguise
All people seem to wear
You better don’t trust.

Good treat and kindness
Bring people loads of warm feelings
It’s just appearance.

Music’s eternal
Brings up souls to a surface
Let’s just enjoy it.

Curly, your turn Smiley-wink

PS, yeah, I know I'm shitty at poetry of any kind
[:]||||||[:]

and bonus-haiku

2manyletters
jump out from the forum page
so just don't read them

Posted: Tue, 2008-02-05 09:51

My angel's in heaven
And their music saved my life
I can't get enough

Posted: Thu, 2008-02-07 09:53

i looove haiku! such an amazing poetry form. But are'nt there a system that you follow?

like:

3 phrases with a certain number of words in each: 4, 7, 5 or something like that??

Posted: Thu, 2008-02-07 10:10

3 lines: 5 syllables, 7 syllables and again 5 syllables. Usually the first line is a statement, the second's an action related to the statement, and the 3rd - an image (conclusion) of the 1st and 2nd lines.

Posted: Thu, 2008-02-07 11:44

interesting. thanks Ginger-ale Smiley

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Thu, 2008-02-07 22:05

Well I actually did write a poam, but them my computer fucked up. I didn't copy the words and all the suddenly the fields were empty and I didn't remember what I wrote Smiley-sad

So I'll make a new one...

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Thu, 2008-02-07 22:34

They are as kind as they can be
Sometimes it can be hard to see
They can be easy to talk too
But not always easy to look through
We love the music they make
Sometimes it's taste like delicious cake
We love the way they look
That's one good reason to get hooked
We love Jespers rocking voice
it makes the earth shake like an Air force (one)
We love the sound of Cobbers guitar
Cause then we know "he's a rockstar"
We love when Laust hits his magic drums
He starts the party with loads of rums
We love when Stigge dresses out in amazing costumes 'n' plays on his amazing to strengh bass
This man you just have to see face to face
We love Torleif for his amazing work
Thank this man for bringing D-A-D creativity to earth!

Does this make any sence to you?? haha Smiley-tongue

Posted: Fri, 2008-02-08 11:47

a very true poem that is Tina!

but its not Haiku i think..

Posted: Fri, 2008-02-08 22:48

Well,

I was just having a wee peek at how our Haiku challenge was going...

**drum roll**

In 3rd place...Tina! A bronze medal to you. 19 lines doesn't really count as Haiku!;-)

In 2nd place... Ginger! 3 sets of Haiku doesn't count either.
Smiley-wink Silver medal!

In 1st place...ME!

Well done, CurlyGirl! A big gold medal and a night out & dinner with D-A-D in Copenhagen's finest restaurant!

Smiley Smiley

PS Ladde, you should've entered. You probably would've won.;-)

Posted: Fri, 2008-02-08 23:01

I guess Silver is my cross.
|
- -
|

I should improve my results somehow. And, btw why doesn't the set of three count, ah? Smiley-wink